Cosmetic Dentistry primarily focuses on dental aesthetics in color, position, shape, size, alignment, and the overall smile. Modern cosmetic dentistry can help a person achieve a beautiful smile. This dentistry method is more about improving the appearance of your teeth, gums, and smile rather than its function. Some of the regular cosmetic treatments include teeth whitening, veneers, fillings, and implants.
What are the reasons to consult a Cosmetic Dentist?
Several reasons might need a consultation with a cosmetic dentist. They include the following:
- Tooth decay, damaged, or chipped teeth may need a visit to a cosmetic dentist. They will help fix it by offering crowns, bridges, or implants to cover the defects.
- If you feel dissatisfied with your smile, a cosmetic dentist can improve your teeth' condition with treatments such as teeth whitening, veneers, etc.
- Discoloration and stains on the teeth can also be treated to help improve your teeth' appearance.
- Some adults cut back on their participation in social activities due to embarrassment about their smiles. Professional help will help solve their teeth issues.
- Missing teeth can affect the self-esteem of an individual.
- People with damaged, decaying, crooked, or discolored teeth may experience difficulty while eating and speaking. Such problems can be resolved with the aid of cosmetic dentistry.
What does a cosmetic dentist do?
A cosmetic dentist supports a wide range of cosmetic treatments, from minor fixes to major surgeries.
- Teeth Whitening: It is one of the most basic cosmetic dental procedures. The teeth become discolored or stained due to the foods consumed, smoking, and drinking beverages such as tea, coffee, and wines. Teeth whitening is a boon for such people who can avail teeth whitening procedures at a reasonable cost. These treatments can make the teeth eight times brighter than the previous shade of their teeth.
- Dental Veneers:They are thin white shells made from porcelain, resin, or ceramic. They are customized for each patient to match their existing teeth. Veneers can help fix several cosmetic issues, including crooked teeth, damaged enamel, and gaps between them.
- Dental Crowns:They are caps made of ceramic or porcelain fitted over a decayed or damaged tooth. A crown helps a weakened tooth from breaking or helps cover a misshapen or discolored tooth. It also serves as a cover for dental implants, root canals, or bridges.
- Dental Implants:They help replace missing teeth lost due to decay or injury. An implant consists of a titanium root fixed into the jawbone, which fuses with it in due time. Once the dental implant is properly attached, a crown is fitted on its top to resemble the surrounding teeth.
- Dental Bonding: To fix minor cosmetic issues such as repair chips, cracks, or misshapen teeth, dental bonding is more affordable when compared to fillings or crowns. A moldable resin is used for this purpose which is hardened with ultraviolet light.
- Inlays and Onlays: They are beneficial when a tooth cannot be supported by a regular filling. These filings are created in a dental lab and bonded in place by a cosmetic dentist.
Call us at Robinson Family Dentistry or schedule an online appointment to know more about Cosmetic Dentistry.