Family dentists provide dental care for patients of all ages, from children to adults. A family dentist manages an entire family's dental care requirements. They support a wide range of treatments such as dental check-ups, cleanings, fillings, x-rays, fluoride treatments, sealants, etc.
The family dentists keep a detailed record of a patient's dental care history. They allow you to benefit from their experience, and thus their focus is on preventing and treating the common dental problems that could affect you at any stage of your life. Additionally, an entire family can visit the same dentist who will only receive personalized care and saves on time and cost.
What are the merits of Family Dentistry?
- It is very convenient to have a family dentist as an entire family's needs are taken care at one place. With one appointment, several members can have their dental problems diagnosed and treated. It will help save time and effort.
- All your dental requirements can be taken care of by having a professional and trustworthy family dentist.
- A family dentist can help reduce dental anxiety. Many patients suffer from dental phobia and anxiety, which may result from them delaying or avoiding dental treatment.
- Children suffering from dental anxiety can overcome it with the help of a family dentist. When the entire family keeps going for their dental check-ups, they gain confidence and become more comfortable with the doctor. It will make them more responsible as seeing the family keeping regular dental visits will help them to inculcate the habit of maintaining good oral health well into adulthood.
- Regular dental check-ups are essential to make your teeth last your entire life-span.
- One of the advantages of having a family dentist is that all your past dental treatments, diseases, surgeries, or allergies are on record with the doctor. This will help in availing timely treatment for your immediate issues.
- A lasting relationship can be built with a family dentist. The dentist can treat you accordingly when they have all the accurate information. Trust and honest communication between a patient and doctor can help you in getting timely treatment. As it becomes much easier to share your fears with a dentist you trust, the whole treatment process will become more comfortable for you.
- The dentist will teach preventative practices that will keep their patient's teeth healthy at all times. With regular dental check-ups, brushing, flossing, and rinsing, the entire family, can prevent cavities, gum diseases, and other serious issues.
- On can avail regular and consistent services. By having a regular dentist attending to your needs every time, you will have consistent treatments.
- Dental emergencies such as chipped or knocked out teeth or other injuries can happen at any time. In such situations, having a family dentist will be of immense help.
What are the services extended by a family dentist?
The family dentists offer services related to oral hygiene and preventive dentistry. The most common services include teeth cleanings, cavity check-ups, and fillings. Most adults suffer from gum diseases. A family dentist will use procedures like deep cleanings, gum flap surgery, and antibiotics to treat gingivitis or gum disease. In case of specialized treatments needing advanced treatment, you may be referred to another specialist.
Call us at Robinson Family Dentistry or schedule an online appointment to know more about Family Dentistry.